Meacham Clinic, formerly Baxter Clinic of Hernando, is the practice for Robert Meacham, M.D., who specializes in internal medicine.
We provide acute and chronic illness management, as well as: physicals (routine, school, employment, sports, camp, etc.), X-rays, EKGs, lung function tests, Holter Monitoring, 24 hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring, sleep apnea screening, DEXA scans for osteoporosis screening, removal/biopsy of skin lesions, PAP smears, "sinus cocktail shots", routine vaccinations, travel medicine evaluation and preparation, cosmetic services, weight loss management, and anti-aging products.
We strive to provide the utmost in compassionate, up-to-date care for our patients in a friendly and accessible environment. We enjoy establishing relationships with our patients and their families, and seek to continue these relationships for the long-term.
Our goal is to keep you as healthy as possible by:
- Getting you well quickly, effectively, and safely when you are ill
- Aggressively managing your chronic medical conditions based on the most up-to-date standards of care
- Addressing “Preventive Health” issues appropriate for your age, sex, family history, and personal medical conditions.
We accept a wide range of insurance plans.
Robert Rhodes Meacham III, M.D.
- Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine (August, 1997) #179927-expired 2007 - currently “Board Eligible”, with re-certification examination pending.
- United States Medical Licensing Examination Steps I-III (completed June, 1995)
- Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners Licensure - Oct. 9, 1995 - 2001
- Mississippi Board of Medical Examiners Licensure - Nov. 20, 1995 - present
- Drug Enforcement Administration Controlled Substance Registration-1995 - present
- American Medical Association - 1990-2011, 2013
- Mississippi State Medical Association - 1998-2011, 2013
- Member of the American College of Physicians - 1995-2009, 2013
- American Society of Internal Medicine - 1995-2009, 2013
- American Diabetes Association - November 1999-2005
- Associate Member, American Academy of Family Physicians - 1993-2000
- 1994 - 1997 Internal Medicine (Primary Care Track) - The Univ. of TN- Memphis, Center for Health Science
- 1990 - 1994 Doctor of Medicine degree obtained May, 1994 (upper 1/2 of class)
The Univ. of Miss. School of Medicine 2500 N. State St., Jackson, MS 39216
- 1993 NBME Internal Medicine Shelf Board: 92nd percentile nationally
- COSTEP Clinical Clerkship - Jackson-Hinds Health Center, Jackson, MS
- EKG Technician Univ. of MS Medical Center Heart Station, Jackson, MS
- 1985 - 1990 Mississippi State University, Starkville, Mississippi
Bachelor of Science in Microbiology, Cum Laude graduate
Susan A. Scott
- American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- 1994 University of Mississippi, Jackson, MS
Master's Degree in Nursing, Family Practice
- 1993 Union University, Jackson, TN
Bachelor of Science, Nursing
- 1982 Baptist Memorial Hospital School of Nursing, Memphis, TN
RN, Nursing Diploma