What We Treat
Our outpatient program features physical, speech and occupational therapists that can help you recover from injuries and manage medical conditions. Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Rotator cuff injury
- Sports-related injuries
- Joint replacement
- Back and spine-related issues
- Balance disorders
- Soft tissue and joint dysfunction
- Fall prevention and ambulation training
- Chronic and acute pain
- Post-mastectomy issues, such as shoulder stiffness and swelling
- Parkinson's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Pregnancy related musculoskeletal assessments
- Dysphagia (swallowing disorders)
- Cognitive communication disorders
- Organic and non-organic voice disorders
- Motor speech disorders
Outpatient cardiac rehabilitation is available at our location on the campus of the Jewish Community Center on Poplar Avenue, just west of Kirby Parkway. For more information about our services at this location, call 901.767.3061.
Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
Pelvic floor rehabilitation is offered at Methodist Germantown Outpatient Rehab, located on the campus of the Jewish Community Center, 6560 Poplar Ave., Memphis, TN 38138. Contact us at 901.767.3061.
This program offers conservative management of incontinence, pelvic pain as well as pre- and post-partum complications. We utilize physical therapy techniques, including therapeutic exercise, manual therapy, electrical modalities, ultrasound and bio feedback to treat disorders of the pelvis.
Treatments consist of one-on-one physical therapy sessions, usually lasting 1 to 1-1/2 hours. An average patient will have 4 to 6 visits over a 2-3 month period. Most patients are referred by their urogynecologist, urologist, OB/GYN or family practitioner.
Conditions treated include:
- Stress incontinence - leakage of small amounts of urine when there is increased pressure on the bladder
- Urge incontinence - leakage of medium to large amounts of urine when a person feels a sudden strong urge to urinate
- Mixed incontinence - symptoms of both stress and urge incontinence
- Functional incontinence - leakage that occurs when a person cannot get to the toilet in time