Joint Replacement Classes
Free Hip and Knee Replacement Classes are offered throughout the month at two locations. Most people attending class are already scheduled for surgery, but those who are interested in learning more about the procedure and recovery are welcome to attend.
Methodist Le Bonheur Germantown Hospital
First & third Wednesdays: 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Second Tuesdays: 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Call for reservations and location information: 901.516.6777
Methodist North Hospital
Second & fourth Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Call for reservations and location information: 901.516.5639
We recommend that patients attend a class at least two weeks before their surgery. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and meet some of the people that will care for you in the hospital. If you live out of town and are unable to attend class, please call us ahead of time and we will mail you an information packet.
- How to prepare your home and home medical equipment that can help you in recovery
- How to physically prepare for surgery
- Checking in at the hospital
- What to do with your medications (if you take blood pressure medicine, etc.)
- Helpful items to bring with you
- Where your family can stay
- What happens during surgery
- What to expect after surgery
- Your room
- Pain management and expectations
- Physical and occupational therapy
- When you go home
- Rehab options
- What Medicare will cover