Breast Health & Mammogram
Published On 05/13/2013
We offer the latest advancements in mammogram and other breast cancer screening and detection at our Breast Center and Diagnostic Centers—because early detection leads to higher cure rates.
- Better storage of images
- Sharper digital images
- Better detection of microcalcifications.
- Available at Methodist Breast Center and all of our Diagnostic Centers
3D Mammography (3D Breast Tomosynthesis)
- Creates a 3D image of your breast
- Provides incredibly sharp images that can reveal the smallest abnormalities
- Allows for quicker diagnosis
- Available at Methodist Breast Center—one of the only facilities in Memphis to offer it
Types of Mammograms
- For patients who do not have noticeable breast cancer symptoms (new lumps or masses, breast pain, skin changes) following self exams
- Usually takes about 10 minutes and is performed by a registered radiologic technologist
- Available at Methodist Breast Center and all of our Diagnostic Centers.
- Comprehensive radiological examination and consultation.
- For patients who have an abnormal screening mammogram or symptoms such as breast mass, discharge, pain, dimpling, reconstructed or otherwise altered breast structure.
- In addition to standard views, the examination may include magnified or spot views, ultrasound, 3D mammography, needle localization, and/or biopsy. Available at Methodist Breast Center in Germantown, Methodist Diagnostic Center – Midtown, and Methodist Diagnostic Center – Southaven.