Application Procedures, General Requirements & Benefits
Application Process & Deadline
To apply for a pharmacy residency program, complete an application using the PhorCAS® online system. All application materials must be submitted online through PhorCAS® by January 10. We do not accept applications via any other method.
You’ll be required to provide:
- Current copy of Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Three (3) references who complete the following:
- PhorCAS® electronic reference forms
- Full letters of recommendation
- One (1) page letter of intent /cover letter
- Complete school/college of pharmacy transcripts
You must meet the following requirements to apply:
- Graduate from an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)-accredited Doctor of Pharmacy program.
- Participate in and adhere to the rules of the Resident Matching Program process.
- Begin the residency program on or about July 1.
- Obtain licensure in Tennessee by September 30 of the residency year.
- Additional PGY2 residency program criteria:
- Completed an ASHP-accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency program or received documented approval from ASHP accreditation services.
- Complete a 30 minute presentation if invited for on-site interview
- Foreign applicants without valid work permits throughout the entire duration of the residency will not be considered.
Benefits & More Information
- Learn more about general requirements and benefits for all pharmacy residencies at Methodist Healthcare (PDF)
- Learn more about the University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy Teaching and Learning Program (PDF)