Our leading thoracic surgeon treats thoracic cancers and diseases of the esophagus and mediastinum (chest cavity).
Dr. Benny Weksler has received recognition as the nation's top 1% of medical specialists by Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors as well as US News & World Report. He specializes in robotic and minimally invasive surgery.
Conditions We Treat
- Lung cancer
- Thoracic cancers and mesothelioma
- Thymoma, thymic cancer and mediastinal diseases
- Myasthenia gravis
- Esophageal cancer
- Benign conditions of the esophagus
- Acid reflux and hiatal hernia
- Hyperhidrosis (sweaty palms and face)
Benefits of Minimally Invasive and Robotic Thoracic Surgery
Complex procedures like thoracic surgery require a detailed view of the surgery site and the ability to maneuver instruments within the chest cavity. Robotic surgery allows greater precision and control.
And because it’s minimally invasive, patients benefit from:
- Shorter hospital stay
- Smaller incisions (small cuts) and less pain
- Lower risk of infection
- Less blood loss and fewer transfusions
- Faster recovery and return to normal activities