Methodist Minor Medical Centers
Minor Meds are open 7 days a week with no appointment necessary.
Our Minor Medical Centers offer diagnosis and treatment for a variety of medical conditions including:
- Colds, flu, strep throat and other viruses
- Bronchitis, pneumonia and asthma attacks
- Ear, throat and sinus infections
- Rashes, poison ivy, bug bites, spider bites and allergic reactions
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and dehydration
Minor Injuries Treated
- Sprains, strains and dislocations
- Cuts, scrapes and splinters
- Work-related injuries
Other Medical Needs
- Physicals (Annual, employment, pre-employment and sports)
- Immunizations and vaccinations
- Medical evaluations, including worker’s compensation and return-to-work clearance
- X-rays and lab work
- Pregnancy tests
- Drug screens
Minor Med or the Emergency Room?
At our Minor Medical Centers, you can get quick, convenient treatment for many minor medical conditions. However, if you have any of the following symptoms, you should go directly to the Emergency Room or call 9-1-1:
- Chest pain
- Severe abdominal pain
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Head injury that resulted in a loss of consciousness
- Sudden dizziness, weakness or loss of coordination or balance
- Sudden blurred vision
- Numbness in face, arm or leg
- Sudden, severe headache
- Bleeding that won’t stop
- Coughing up or vomiting blood
- Severe burns
Insurance and Payment
Methodist Minor Medical Centers accept most insurance plans, without a referral, including Cigna, United Healthcare, BlueCross, BlueShield and Medicare.
Co-payments and deductibles required by your insurance plan are due at the time of service. We accept cash, check and all major credit cards. We are happy to bill your insurance. However, patients are responsible for any charges not covered by their insurance. Self-pay discounts are available for patients without insurance.
Tracking Our Progress
Average scores for Methodist Minor Medical Centers
|May 2014||2014 YTD|
|Turnaround time (registration to checkout)||47:29 minutes||45:20 minutes|
|Overall patient satisfaction*||90.7%||90.3%|
*Data gathered from completed patient surveys and compiled by an independent firm.